Academic Services provides central support for, and oversight of, two key areas of activity:
- the academic development of teaching and learning, including the quality assurance and enhancement of both taught and research programmes
- the student-facing processes of appeals, complaints, disciplinary cases and the arrangements for examinations and degree ceremonies.
The Service is based at the University's City Campus, on the 2nd floor of the Edinburgh Building and has a total of approximately 20 staff.
- It is led by the Director of Service, Beatrice Ollerenshaw, with an Assistant Director, Iain Rowan (Assistant Director Quality).
- It has four other team leaders: Anna Round (Academic Development), Fiona Jackson (Student Processes), Stuart Sutcliffe (Quality Management of On-Campus Provision) and Sue Patience (Quality Management of Collaborative Provision).
Academic Services can be contacted:
- through the General Office Manager Andrea Carlton (ext. 2059)