Academic Quality Handbook
The Academic Quality Handbook is the definitive collection of the latest copies of all the procedures, templates and forms relating to all academic quality processes of the University.
It is divided into a number of sections from high level strategy through programme development and approval; regulations and assessment policy; complaints and appeals procedures; to APL and Handbooks.
The sections are intended to be self-explanatory, however if you have any queries or comments then please contact Jessica Greenlees in Quality Assurance and Enhancement via email email@example.com.
When you need to use the forms and templates, please make sure you download the latest version from this handbook to ensure you are not using an out of date copy.
To access the Quality Handbook, please follow this link to the Handbook.
All sections are available to both students and staff and some typical usage of this Handbook includes:
- Information related to regulations and assessment will be found in section F.
- Information on complaints, appeals, and disciplinary matters will be found in section H.
- Information on Accreditation of Prior Learning will be found in section J.
- Some very useful handbooks will be found in section K.
For academic members of staff
- If developing and reviewing programmes, then sections B and C will be useful (and D, if it is a Short Course).
For programme and module leaders
- Section F on programme regulations and assessment will be useful.
For research staff and students
- Section L contains useful information on Research procedures, etc.
- Section F also applies to research students.