The Academic Development Team provide development to support teaching, learning and research activities and other aspects of academic practice. Our programme addresses a wide range of issues in teaching, learning, assessment and the student experience.
- We run on-campus events and sessions for all staff who teach students and support learning. You can follow this link to see the current schedule for our CPD programme. This is accredited by the Higher Education Academy and participation can form the basis of a claim for Fellowship of the HEA by CPD route.
- We provide training for postgraduate research students and their supervisors.
- We offer development for staff who deliver University of Sunderland programmes in collaborative partnerships.
- We work with staff who want to learn more about a particular question or challenge in learning, teaching or the student experience, or to changes which they have made to their practice.
- We support staff applying for a National Teaching Fellowship Scheme award, an Innovation Challenge award or Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy.
- We also advise on pedagogic issues for individual academics and for faculties and departments.
The Learning Matters website contains
- resources on teaching and learning issues, and a list of relevant conferences, events, Calls for Papers and other opportunities.
We work closely with the Quality Assurance and Enhancement team, with staff who deliver the Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education and with other academic and support staff across the university.
Location and contact details
Academic Development is based in Room 216, Edinburgh Building.
0191 515 2059, firstname.lastname@example.org
Development in learning and teaching for on-campus staff
Anna Round, Head of Academic Development
tel: 0191 515 2088, email@example.com
Development for research supervisors, students and advisors
Dr Mark Proctor, Academic Development Officer (Research)
tel: 0191 515 2071, firstname.lastname@example.org
Development for tutors delivering HE in partner organisations
Alan Tree, Academic Development Officer (Collaborative Partnerships)
tel: 0191 515 2183, email@example.com