The Academic Development Team provide development to support teaching, learning and research activities and other aspects of academic practice. Our programme addresses a wide range of issues in teaching, learning, assessment and the student experience.
You can find full details of our current activities, courses and development opportunities on our MySunderland page.
- We run on-campus events and sessions for all staff who teach students and support learning.
- We run a CPD programme through which people who teach and support student learning at the University can apply for HEA Fellowship by completion of CPD.
- We provide training for postgraduate research students and their supervisors.
- We offer development for staff who deliver University of Sunderland programmes in collaborative partnerships.
- We work with staff who want to learn more about a particular question or challenge in learning, teaching or the student experience, or to changes which they have made to their practice.
- We support staff applying for a National Teaching Fellowship Scheme award, the Innovation Challenge award and funding, publication or presentation opportunities relating to learning, teaching and the student experience.
- We also advise on pedagogic issues for individual academics and for Faculties, Departments and teams.
- We work closely with the Quality Assurance and Enhancement team, with staff who deliver the Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education and with other academic and support staff across the university.
Location and contact details
Academic Development is based in Room 218, Edinburgh Building.
Development for research supervisors, students and advisors
Dr Mark Proctor, Academic Development Officer (Research)
tel: 0191 515 2071, firstname.lastname@example.org
Development for tutors delivering HE in partner organisations
Alan Tree, Academic Development Officer (Collaborative Partnerships)
tel: 0191 515 2183, email@example.com