Quality Assurance & Enhancement
Quality Assurance & Enhancement are primarily responsible for the quality management of taught programmes both on and off campus.
Our team is based at the University's City Campus, with access via Academic Services reception on 2nd floor of the Edinburgh Building.
Both the on-campus and off-campus activity is led by the Head of Quality, Ms Jessica Greenlees.
The team comprises:
- six Senior Quality Assurance and Enhancement Officers, who provide general quality assurance and enhancement skills, and in addition, two have expertise in collaborative provision and four have expertise in on-campus provision; and
- three administrators who provide support for these activities.
The Quality Assurance & Enhancement has a number of key roles, including:
- managing institutional level internal and external reviews and approval events for programmes
- managing approval and review of partner colleges and similar organisations delivering our programmes
- co-ordinating the Programme Annual Monitoring process
- advising Faculties on activities for which they are responsible at a local level
- liaising with other Services (such as MAR for Collaborative Provision Agreement for collaborative partners)
- servicing the University's Academic Board committees
- auditing the appointment of External Examiners, providing their training when required, and managing the analysis of their Annual Reports
- managing the University's register of accreditation and approval by Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Bodies.
The team is also responsible for the Academic Quality Handbook which is the definitive collection of the latest copies of all the procedures, templates and forms relating to all academic quality management processes of the University.