Legal, Governance & Business Assurance
Legal, Governance & Business Assurance was established in 2009 bringing together the areas of legal services, corporate governance, insurance and assurance.
The service is based on 4th Floor Edinburgh Building, City Campus
- Provide a wide range of legal support and advice to the University and its subsidiaries in a number of areas, including property, charity, company and commercial, litigation, student matters, contract, employment, intellectual property and other legal matters.
- Co-ordinate the Internal and External Audit services
- Arrange and administer Insurance
- Set a Risk Management framework and support its implementation
- Incident Management and Business Continuity Planning
- Provide advice and guidance to the University and the Board of Governors on constitutional matters
- Manage the governance arrangements and provide administrative support to the Board of Governors and its committees
- Implement and support all strands of Information Governance including, Information Risk Management, Records Managament and Information Security in order to provide a managed approach to information, data and records
- Establish and deliver Data Assurance
- Determine and deliver the Value for Money Strategy
We hope you find the site useful.