Welcome to Treasury
The Accountancy Team's responsibilities include:
- the maintenance of the Oracle finance system's general ledger
- the completion of control account reconciliations
- the completion of University group VAT returns
- the provision of the University VAT and corporation Tax advice and training as required
- the preparation of the University group consolidated accounts each year
- liaising with auditors and HMRC
- the management, reporting and forecasting of the cash in-flows and out-flows of the University.
The Credit Control Team's responsibilities include:
- pursuing payment of student and sponsor debt for the University
- pursuing payment of commercial debt for the University and its subsidiaries
- negotiating payment plans with students as required
- liaising with students records to resolve queries with debtors as required
- managing debtor disputes and credit control agency referrals.
The Revenue Team's responsibilities include:
- processing invoices to customers from the University and its subsidiaries (excluding invoices raised directly from the SITS system)
- processing of bursary payment to students
- taking all types of payments from students and other customers
- providing advice and support on all aspects of cash collection and petty cash
- running the Payments desk in the Gateway and reconciling monies for banking
- managing short term deposits and bank accounts for the University group.