Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
The Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) is now called the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) - CRB checks are now called DBS checks.
Some courses at the University of Sunderland require a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) - this is usually so that students can go on placements and visits during their course.
How the Gateway can help you
- You can pick up your DBS form from the Gateway Enquiries Desk.
- We also offer a DBS checking service to speed things up. We make sure you have filled everything in correctly and your documents and proof are just what you need.
- Please make sure you read our instructions on Filling out the form and verifying your identity.
Finding out more about DBS checks
- If you are looking for specific information about you and your DBS check, then take a look at the Disclosure and Barring Service Website.
- If you have any questions about a DBS check then simply email Marian Lisgo, the University's DBS administrator, at Marian.email@example.com.
- The current price of DBS is £44, this can be paid via the University's Online store or at the Payments desk at City Campus. Please remember to keep the receipt as we may need to take a photocopy when checking your form.