User ID and Password
Student life at Sunderland always involves IT in some way. Your User ID and Password are your ticket to using the facilities on campus.
Your User ID
- To access any of the University's networked computers you will need your User ID - you get sent this on your Unconditional Offer Letter. Your User ID is created especially for you and accompanies your password as your secure login information.
- If you ever forget your User ID you can get it from the Gateway either in person or by emailing email@example.com.
- Your password is also first sent to you on your Unconditional Offer Letter and is set as a default. This default is your date of birth appearing dd/mm/yyyy. You should change your password as soon as you receive it to prevent other people logging in as you.
- Your password should be at least six characters long, contain at least one uppercase letter and at least one number - this should make it harder for people to guess.
- If you decide that you need to change your password, the easiest way to do it is through Selfcare. Simply login, then go to 'Check user details' and 'Change manually'.
- If you are having problems with your password contact ITS, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (please note: emails are only accepted from a valid sunderland.ac.uk address) Alternatively visit the IT Support Website, or call (0191) 5153333