Disability SupportWe celebrate and value the diversity of all students and staff, working to ensure that all students and staff are welcome in our community and do not face discrimination or encounter barriers with regard to their disability. We promote disability equality and work to eliminate discrimination against our disabled students, staff and others who use or visit the University.
We are a
We are a Disability Confident employer.
See our policy documents for more:
- Single Equality Scheme
- Disability - Code of Practice on Employing Disabled People
- Disability - Code of Practice on Employing Disabled People - Guidance Note
- Guidance for Conference and Event Organisers on Access for Disabled People
To learn more about dyslexia and support available at the University of Sunderland, please see the Disability Support Team pages below.
Please visit Equality and Human Rights Commission website: http://www.equalityhumanrights.com to familiarise yourself with the disability cases and broader issues.
Disability Support Team
Disability services provides advice, information and guidance to:
- disabled students;
- students with mental illness or mental health difficulties;
- student with Specific Learning Difficulty (SpLD) such as dyslexia.
Please contact the Disability Support Team for disability related queries:
This page was published on 22 December 2016