Council Tax

Most homes in the UK have to pay Council Tax. There is one bill per home, whether it is a house, bungalow, flat, and whether it is owned or rented.

Full-time students, however, do not need to pay Council Tax. If you live in private accommodation you can contact the Gateway Enquiries Desk and request a Council Tax exemption letter, which you can then pass on to your Landlord or the Council. If you live in University Halls of Residence you will not need to collect an exemption letter.

If you would like to know more about Council Tax, please visit the City of Sunderland Council website.





My Sunderland