About Market Research
The key roles of the Market Research Service are to understand perceptions of the University, in order to help us identify areas for change and good practice, and to support the four Faculties' portfolio development.
We are also responsible for central coordination of all student experience / satisfaction feedback activity.
Areas of our research
The Market Research Service conducts regular research on an annual basis. Download the Schedule of Student Feedback Activity for 2012/13 (.xls)
Some examples of our internal research projects include:
- Student satisfaction research (such as the annual end of year Student Experience Survey)
- Market analyses to inform strategic recruitment activity and to better understand our geographic markets
- Research with specific groups, such as UCAS applicants / decliners
- Opinion research to gauge attitudes towards marketing materials such as the University prospectus, or for strategic initiatives such as development of new campus facilities
- Subject-specific research to support new product development; this can include current and potential students, employer feedback and market information
The Market Research Service is also the University's main contact for the National Student Survey (NSS), and we analyse and disseminate NSS results across the institution.
Support for your research
In addition to the strategic research we conduct on behalf of the University, we can also support Faculties and Services with certain one-off research requests. If you would like any market research support or advice please contact the Market Research team.