Sport Career Academy
Sport Career Academy is an employability, education, training, and opportunity programme, which is focused on the development and enhancement of career based skills and experience within Sport and other related areas.
With record numbers of applicants applying for jobs, employers are increasingly looking for graduates who not only have a good degree, but can also demonstrate that they have applied their knowledge and skills within a real-life work environment. Expectations are greater and employers are looking for individuals who have gone above and beyond the degree itself.
The Sport Career Academy is the door-way for any students to get involved with Sport related roles whilst at University, and we currently have over 350 opportunities in a huge number of areas available, both internally with core University areas, and also externally, working with local, regional, and national partners.
We provide opportunities in course related, and skills driven environments, including the following areas:
- Sports Journalism and Broadcasting
- Event Management
- Event and Promo Team
- PR and Marketing
- Sports Coaching
- Sports Development
- Business Development and Planning
- Sports Science and Analysis
- Sports Injuries and Rehabilitation
Opportunities are split into three categories:
- Volunteering (unpaid, but includes full training and support, plus development rewards)
- Placement (Part of an academic course)
- Scholarship/Internships (Voluntary work, however, individual would receive funded scholarship)
Further information on how the Sport Career Academy can benefit you can be found within this website. In order to register your interest in opportunities and/or courses, you must register via the 'opportunity & training portal' below.