Cancer Research UK
WHAT’S IT ALL ABOUT?
The Cancer Awareness Roadshow goes into the heart of communities talking to people about the importance of early diagnosis, and steps they can take to live more healthily and reduce the risk of cancer. Since 2006, the Roadshow nurses have reached around half a million people. We are literally on the road to beating cancer!
CANCER AWARENESS ROADSHOW
The Roadshow will provide a welcoming environment for people to:
• talk to one of the Roadshow nurses, no appointment needed
• discuss how leading a healthy lifestyle can reduce cancer risk
• learn about screening and where to get more information
• talk about the importance of spotting cancer early by going promptly to the GP with any concerns
• find out about local and national health services
• have a free BMI1 or Smokerlyzer®test2
• help yourself to a wide range of useful leaflets
The nurses tailor information to each visitor. It’s all about informing, motivating, signposting.
THE KEY MESSAGES
Be smoke free
Keep a healthy weight
Be safe in the sun
Drink less alcohol
Be more active
Details below of locations:
City Campus – Tuesday 23rd October 2018 front of Edinburgh Building - 10am – 4pm
St Peter’s Campus – Thursday 25th October 2018 opposite Reg Vardy Building, Student Union shop - 10am – 4pm
This page was published on 16 October 2018