Awards and Accreditations
Fairtrade goods are available in all campus shops, cafés and restaurants on campus. The University also helped the City of Sunderland gain Fairtrade status in 2007.
And there's more...
CIPD Award for Equality & Diversity in the Workplace
The University was recognised at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Awards 2008 in the field of Equality & Diversity in the Workplace. Factors contributing to the award included:
- Our approach to embedding gender equality;
- Our being at the forefront of the Equal Pay agenda;
- Our positive support on Sexual Orientation, leading to the creation of staff and student lgbt groups;
- Our women-friendly prayer facilities and a supportive policy on Religion and Belief;
- Our winning council funding to assist Refugee Academics;
- Our staff survey results showing that 68% of staff agree the diversity of the University enriches their experience.
The University is a Mindful Employer that is Positive About Mental Health. See our Stress and Mental Wellbeing for more about the support and guidance we offer to our staff.
Equal Pay Audits cited by the Equality and Human Rights Commission
The University conducts annual Equal Pay Audits to provide an overview of pay equality across the institution. We are cited as best practice on equal pay documentation and the web pages of the Equality and Human Rights Commission.
This page was published on 8 May 2019