Fire safetyOur University is very dynamic and innovative with a range of activities taking place including sedentary office based, practical laboratory work, creative industries, and student residential accommodation. Fire safety is therefore a crucial element to be managed, supported and promoted in all buildings by Faculties & Services to ensure we continue to provide a safe working and learning environment.
Fire Safety Arrangements
Our fire safety procedure underpins all elements of the University's Fire Safety Framework. It encompasses three core areas of Fire Safety:
- Fire Risk Assessment framework
- Emergency arrangements
- Fire log book & statutory checks
Fire Wardens assist in the safe evacuation of buildings and support the Nominated Building Manager in the maintaining of fire precautions within the building. These members of staff have either volunteered to undertake these duties in addition to their normal roles within their respective departments, or have Fire Warden duties incorporated as part of their role profile.
- List of Fire Wardens
List of Evac Chair Trained Staff
Fire safety links
- For information on fire safety training please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tyne and Wear Fire Rescue Service
- London Fire Brigade
Tyne and Wear Fire Rescue Service fire safety videos
- The Fire Safety Videos by Tyne & Wear Fire Rescue Service act as a reminder of the importance of fire safety, and although mainly aimed at fire safety in the home they provide a visual representation of how devastating fire can be. The videos contain personal accounts from those affected by fire and the resources required to deal with unwanted fire alarm activations. For further information on fire prevention within the University contact the Health and Safety team.
This page was published on 27 March 2019