Development for Academic Staff
Academic staff can access a range of individual learning and development through Human Resources and The Centre for the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching (CELT):
- Academic Development offered through CELT, which provides continuing professional development (CPD) in learning and teaching skills.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice (PG Cert) - Human Resources facilitate the opportunity for staff to attend the PG Cert, which is delivered by CELT.
- Development for Researchers is co-ordinated by Human Resources and links in to requests received via the Individual Research Plan process.
- There is also a range of personal skills development that can be accessed by academic staff. Please refer to Courses and Events which is offered through Human Resources, which also includes leadership development for academics.
- Academic Appraisal training.
More helpful information is available on this website for More Academic Info.
Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice
The purpose of the Postgraduate Certificate (PG Cert) is to professionally develop University of Sunderland staff and offer the opportunity for individuals who are new to teaching, to gain knowledge and skills.
The programme contributes to the delivery of the Academic Strategy and Learning and Teaching Assessment Framework, by meeting the commitment of developing knowledge and practise bases of staff, equipping them with appropriate skills in pedagogy. Additionally it promotes the professional standing and recognition of our academic staff via contributing to achievement of Higher Education Academy recognition at Fellowship level.
The aim of the programme is:
- To create a body of best practice teaching, informed and enhanced by pedagogy and professional practise
For more information about content, the job roles expected to engage with the programme and details of expectations and scheduling of modules, please contact CELT - email@example.com.
This page was published on 7 May 2019