Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E)Training
We offer a range of training and development opportunities that aim to equip you with knowledge and skills of the principles of Health, Safety and Wellbeing. In this section you will find information about the HS&E training we offer and who would benefit from attending.
Types of HS&E training available are shown below.
This is any statutory or compulsory training that the University requires its staff to undertake;
- to comply with the law and requirements of regulatory bodies
- to carry out duties safely and efficiently
- to protect staff, students, contractors and the public from harm, and
- to maintain competence to the required standards
This is any training which seeks to change an individual's attitude or promote safe behaviours, may have a limited lifespan and has a need to be repeated at appropriate intervals. Refresher training may be required due to;
- timescales dictated by relevant legislation
- changes in legislation, accepted standards and/or technology
- accident/incident reviews
Desirable (strongly recommended, desirable and specialist) -
This may include training which would enhance the safety performance of the staff role but is over and above the mandatory minimum level. To help you identify HS&E training that would be relevant to your role speak with your line manager and take a look at the Skills Matrix.
The training shown on the skills matrix is not an exhaustive list of training required by employees. Managers must assess the work carried out and arrange for any training identified. Any further training required will be carried out at the discretion of line managers and in accordance with the University Staff Development Framework and Strategy.
We have also collated some of the most common questions we receive about HS&E training to create a FAQ document.
Within this document you will find the answers to these questions, including:
- How to identify your training needs
- How to book a place on a workshop
- When to refresh your knowledge
If you can’t find the answer to your question here, please email email@example.com.
You can find information about upcoming Health Safety and Environment training on the Courses and Events page.
This page was published on 10 June 2019